This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! No weird ingredients, no time to cool, etc. Just a simple, easy, incredibly delicious, doughy yet completely baked chocolate chip cookie recipe that comes out perfectly every time!
Everyone needs a classic chocolate chip cookie recipe in their repertoire, and this is mine – it’s truly the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! I’ve been making them for many, many years and everyone who tastes them agrees that they are delicious.
Plus, there are no fun ingredients, no refrigeration, etc. Just a simple, plain, incredibly delicious, doughy, yet fully baked chocolate chip cookie that is perfect every time!
It’s everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. Crisp and chewy. Doughy yet fully baked. Perfectly buttery and sweet.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.