blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake will be your new favorite coffee cake recipe! Soft and moist cake topped with cream cheese, fresh blueberries, and the buttery, crunchy streusel topping is the perfect way to start a day! There’s nothing like a fluffy slice of coffee cake to go with your morning coffee!
The easy coffee cake recipe is perfect for morning treats, brunch, or dessert cake after dinner!
Blueberry Coffee Cake
This coffee cake with blueberries and cream cheese filling is just a new version of my popular recipe for Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. So many of you asked if this recipe could be baked with blueberries instead of raspberries. Although I made it a few times with blueberries, I never shared the blueberry recipe on my blog. And that’s why I wanted to get it right and finally share it with you.
However, I love coffee cakes. Raspberry, blueberry, apple, with or without cream cheese filling…as long as it has delicious crunchy streusel topping, it’s my favorite coffee cake.
How to Make Blueberry Cream Cheese Cake:
This Blueberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake brings all flavors you love, in every single bite: moist and buttery cake, creamy cheesecake filling, juicy blueberries and crunchy streusel topping.
For this easy recipe you’ll need just a few simple ingredients: all-purpose flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder salt, vanilla, butter, eggs, sour cream, cream cheese and blueberries, of course.
To make the cake beat softened butter and sugar, then mix in eggs, add dry ingredients and sour cream alternately and combine well. Finally, spread batter in prepared pan.
For cream cheese layer, beat together softened cream cheese, sugar, hint of vanilla and egg white. Spread over cake layer, scatter blueberries on top and make the streusel crumbs.
For streusel, with a fork whisk sugar and flour, then cut in cold butter to make the mixture looks like pea sized crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over blueberries and bake about 45 minutes. You can enjoy it warm from the oven or straight out of the refrigerator. It also freezes well, too!
For Cream Cheese Layer:
- ¼ cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese-softened
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries
For the cake:
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5.5 Tablespoons unsalted butter- softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter-chilled and cut in chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the filling: Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium-low speed until creamy. Add egg white and mix on low just to combine. Set aside.
- To make the cake batter: In a bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- With an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar on medium-low speed. Add egg and egg yolk and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup blueberries. Spread the cream cheese filling on top. Place remaining blueberries over cream cheese filling.
- To make the topping: Combine sugar, flour and chilled cubed butter in a bowl. Stir with a fork or pastry blender until the mixture is crumbly (Make sure the streusel is in pea-sized crumbs)
- Sprinkle the streusel on top of blueberries and bake for 40-45 minutes until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. If it starts browning too much, tent the top with aluminum foil.
- Cool on a rack, run a thin knife around the cake and loose ring of springform pan.
- Store in the fridge.
source : omgchocolatedesserts.com