This easy-to-make funnel cake recipe tastes like a classic dessert favorite. Top with some powder sugar or your favorite toppings for a easy treat everyone will love! My family loves this recipe a lot if it were for them, I would do this every day ! Trying , you will like it !
This is a tried and true recipe!! If you want to satisfy your sweet tooth, you can’t go wrong here. This is the way my mother always made it, but give me a chance it won’t let you down! In a deep frying pan semi-way filled with vegetable oil & heated 375 degrees.
To prepare this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
2/3 cup milk
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. In a deep skillet, heat about two cups of oil over medium-high heat until hot. Test the temperature by dropping a pinch of flour into the hot oil. If it sizzles right away without smoking, it’s perfect.
2. Beat egg and milk. Mix all other ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth.
3. Using a funnel, drop into hot oil working from the center outwards in a web pattern. (You can use a gallon sized freezer bag instead of a funnel by pouring the batter into the bag, snipping off a small corner of it, and squeezing the batter into the oil.)
4. Cook for about 2-3 minutes, and remove from the oil when golden brown and crispy.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.