This chicken and potato green bean casserole is a delicious casserole that only takes 10-15 minutes of your time. Let the oven do the heavy lifting tonight with this simple, low-prep dinner.
Even if it’s nothing special, if you’re looking for a simple, no-fuss, quick-to-prepare, family-friendly, tasty and satisfying recipe, this is the one for you!
I made this recipe years ago when I was feeling lazy but still had to make something for dinner because there was literally nothing to eat in our house. No leftovers, no ingredients for a sandwich of any kind, no snacks, nothing! As they say in our country (I don’t know if it’s international or not). I had to make do with what little I could find and hope it tasted good.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- You only need 10-15 minutes of active time and the oven does the rest.
- It’s a complete one-pot meal that can serve the whole family.
- It can be made any time of year with seasonal or frozen green beans.
- 2-3 chicken breasts; cubed
- 3-5 small to medium potatoes
- 2 cans green beans(I used 1 1/2 cans)
- 1 pkg dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 melted stick of butter
Place chicken, potatoes and beans in pan. Then sprinkle Italian pack over everything then drizzle the butter over top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for an hour and 10 minutes.
There were no leftovers.
- Chicken tenders are my choice for this recipe because they are already prepared and ready to go, but you could use boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead (cut them into strips that look like tenders).
- Although I’ve never tried it, you could also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly…again depending on the temperature).
- You can use any potatoes you like. I use Yukon golds or reds because they hold their shape better and their skin is so thin that you don’t have to peel them. But russets work well too (I would peel them first).
Calories per serving: 688