LOADED BROCCOLI, CHEESE, & POTATO SOUP!!
This Potato Soup is so full of flavor and so thick & delicious it seems more like a chowder than a wonderful soup!!!
This was fantastic! Soup is my love language in the colder months, and I love a creamy soup but hate how gritty a roux can be sometimes.
This one was not! Also surprised by the flavor…thought for sure I would need more salt, but this was spot on.
This thick and creamy soup is full of delicious vegetables including broccoli, potatoes, and carrots, plus lots of cheese and delicious seasonings.
Loaded Broccoli Potato Cheese Soup Is The Ultimate Cheesy Broccoli Soup Recipe.
I made this on the weekend. Delicious! Instead of onion powder and garlic pepper, I sauteed minced onion and garlic into the butter before adding the flour.
I also lightly mashed the veggies and broth with a potato masher before adding the cheese sauce and added some hot chili sauce at the end to give it a bit of a kick.
Very simple to make and very tasty. Will definitely make it again.
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
- 2-3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed into small pieces
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 small heads of broccoli (washed and diced small)
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 3½ – 4 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots potatoes, and onion powder.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- While simmering, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown).
- Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted.
- Add salt and garlic pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined.
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency if you like a thinner soup and add any additional salt and pepper needed.